How can I print photos on a HP printer attached to a Windows Vista computer?

Simone Winther November 22, 2011

I have an HP printer and scanner hooked up to my Windows Vista computer. I’m fairly new to the computer. What I would like to do is print some of my long ago photos and post them to my album on Facebook. Is there anyone who can help? Thank You!
Simone

well, if i understood your question, you want to scan you hard copy of photos and upload it.
    which model is it ?
    install required software which came with the scanner.
    scan it.
    and upload it.

Hello, I would think the easiest thing to do would be to scan your pictures to a folder in your computer, and once scanned upload them to facebook.  Did you install the full software package that came with your printer?  If you did, you can use hp director and select the scan option.  Put the picture face down in your scanner, close the lid, select new scan, select scan, it shows you a preview and if you like it, press on the scan button. 

If for whatever reason, you have problems with the physical  scan button not working, you can read the following link.....although if you install the full package you shouldn't have this problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975891

You can also use the windows fax and scan utility to scan pictures.  The next link will show you the steps to scan a picture/document with fax and scan utility in windows:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Scan-a-document-or-photo-with-Windows-Fax-and-Scan

You can also use windows photo gallery included by default:

-- click on start
    -- click on All Programs
    -- click on photo gallery
    -- click on file
    -- click on Import From Camera or Scanner
    -- click on Import-- click on scan

• Simone

Thank you for the reply to my question.      Since the person who installed my printer didn't install the full package, I can now see what the problem was.          I also wasn't told to use the Internet Explorer browser which is a must with H.P  Desk Jet 3050           Thanks for the help.

No problem, let me know if you need help