How can I print MakeUseOf articles in Firefox?

Joe January 7, 2011

I am a great fan of MUO. I learn things regularly from your articles. But …

I use Firefox 3.6.13 on Kubuntu Karmic Linux x86 32-bit.

Whenever I try to print one of your articles, even if I select all of the text and use print selection, all I get is the first page. It’s very frustrating.

The only workaround that I have is to paste the whole article into OpenOffice.org writer and print it from there. That works, but it’s ugly – with a few image placeholders that block some of the text.

Why doesn’t printing work and how can i fix it?

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the feeback. As Tina pointed out this won't be an issue in our new theme. Stay tuned, hopefully we'll have it live by the end of next week.

2. Saikat Basu

And when you finally get around to printing it, don't forget to try out a service like Print What You Like to format the page before you print it. Some of our pages are graphic intensive and you might want to save ink.

Joe,

we are aware of this issue and it will be addressed in our soon to be released design update.

In the meantime, check out the answers to these questions, they may provide some more temporary solutions:
    How can I best print MakeUseOf articles?
    Can you please add a print button to MakeUseOf pages?