Why can I not print in duplex mode with my HP C7280 printer?

James King May 25, 2011

This printer is supposed to be capable of automatic duplex printing, but I have tried all the settings and I still have to do this manually. What am I missing ?

1. Pip

Hi James,
    I had the same issue and found that I needed to change "Printer Properties" (not "Properties") in the Devices and Printers screen. Right click on the "HP Photosmart C7200series and left click on "Printer Properties - not Properties.
    Left click on the Device Settings tab & you will see a selection there for "Installable Options" - "Duplex Unit".
    It should say "Installed", if not - click on the down arrow and select "Installed:".
    You should then find that automatic duplex will be an option when you go to print a document.
    Hope this helps.
    Pip

Thank you for sharing your experience, Pip!

2. Abc

That was the solution! It works fine! Thx

James,

did you update your drive and did it solve the issue? Please let us know. Thank you!

If you are using Vista or Windows 7 make sure you got the latest driver from the HP homepage installed.

One other suggestion in the HP forum is to go into "Devices and Printers", right-click the C7280 and select "Printer Properties". Now click on "Device Settings" and set Duplex unit to "installed".

If none if this works I suggest to head to the HP Support Forum and ask your question there. Chances are [higher] someone there owns or has access to the same model and can therefor navigate you through the driver options.
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/