Which reasonably priced and reliable brand of Android phone model would you recommend?

Dr.Sunil Vaswani September 8, 2012

Which reasonably priced reliable brand of Android phone model would you recommend with good processor and random access memory?

1. Jeremiah Iliffe

I would suggest a HTC or a Samsung, maybe an S2 or an HTC Sensation. Read reviews on Techradar.co.uk or other sites.

2. Sunil

Thanks to respondents for answering

3. Marian Cimbru

After reading tons of reviews/forums/etc, I would recommend you a Galaxy Nexus. Well, is not a reasonably price but being developed under Google authority, this smartphone would receive all future updates of Android OS.

4. Raja Pradeep

Sony Xperia Tipo @Rs 9500(single sim),Rs 10300(Dual sim).

Specs - Processor - 800Mhz
    Graphics - Adreno 200
    Screen - 3.2 inch Capacitive touch
    Os - ICS 4.0
    Ram - 512 Mb
    Int memory- 2.5 Gb

5. Agnes James

Tipo, Sony’s first entry-level price category Smartphone under the Xperia brand. Committed to the Cell phone market, Tipo has been designed for selective markets. The Xperia Tipo has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800MHz processor, Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system and a 3.2-inch display, 1500mAh battery & many more featured & compared with One of Sony & HTC model at http://howmobile.net/sony-ericsson/2461-sony-xperia-tipo.html. Tipo looks amazing in Blue & Silver, why I am saying this coz I do have the Blue One. I love Sony for its Camera & Sound quality and I believe you guys would also like it for the same.

6. Rajendra Kumar
  7. salim benhouhou

i would recommend samsung galaxy S II

8. madmadi

Galaxy note is probably the best however I am not sure how much is reasonable to you.

9. Alex Perkins

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, has a decent dual core processor and 1GB of RAM, also comes with 16GB or 32GB internal storage. Its very good. Battery life can last a day as long as you aren't using it every 5 minutes.

10. Aj

Well 1st off, there is no harm in buying an ancient phone, if it works the way you like that is. For Now i use a HTC HD2, due to the fact that it's a geek phone and you can run virtually any OS on it.

If you can find an HTC HD2 I would recommend that, if you're like the others who want a new phone weather if it is less in quality and performance, than you can go ahead and look for something else.

But do not go for the budget phones from any Vendor, even Samsung. But yes the Samsung Mini HD2 is a good choice, but again comes with only an 800MHz processor.

When It comes to Chinese un-branded phones, do not mix those with the really cheap ones. I have indeed tried myself.

The newer MTK6575 processor based phones are really gud, and come with a config of MTK6575 1ghz dual core processor/512mb-1gb ram/2gb rom/5" IPS Screen/dual sim 3G supported/WiFi/BT/Dual Cameras/Full video conferencing support and run ICS 4.0.3.

I had great fun with the Samsung Note model of the Chinese version and waiting for the SII to arrive in mail.

Do your homework well, the internet is full of info, you can just not get enough info to fail.

A piece of advice: It's not about brands, it's about what hardware you're buying. Go for good power packed hardware instead of a Brand Logo.

A Chinese Samsung Note or S3 with the above config can set you at around Rs.13,000. And I really think it's worth the buy.

Best of Luck.

11. Mel Reynolds

Samsung is the way and I like HTC

12. Sunil

Ofcourse there are models catering to criteriae specified in this topic. In micromax itself there are atleast three models ( model nos. ) with 1 Ghz processor , what to say of evolving mobile handset brands like Intex , Huwaeii , Spice , videocon , Lava, Karbonn and others along with estabilished brands like Samsung, LG,Sony,HTC etc.

Please check in question I have mentioned reliable brands(not better)
    So even Micromax is reliable , as I have used it for so few months with no technical errors

Other criteriae which I would like to specify are ; dual sim, adobe flash support, and random access memory of atleast 512

My question is open to both evolving and estabilished brands

13. Joel Alar

For Me is the Samsung S3

14. Jahnezzy Eltime

HOW MUCH YUH WILLING TO SPEND

15. DrSunil Vaswani

Budget = Rs.4k to Rs.9k

I have used micromax. Though many donot like , I have not had any hardware problem with it for about 5 months and at same time have all features of android os with good camera , flash , market , gps , wifi , and rich surfing experience
    Micromax is enthusiastic and improving on it's products with affordability
    and importantly has service outlets at allmost every 4 km in this city within major mobile shops
    "Even motorola was micromax at a time!"

Though I donot know about other companies like spice , karbonn ,

I request respondents to specify models with flash player compatibility and processor atleast 1 Ghz and good random access memory , as it becomes so slow with most android apps hogging space especially data connection is on

Within this budget,you wont get any phone what you want.The 1 GHz and better brand requirement is the thing you are emphasizing the most you want in your phone.It would be better that you extend your budget as even if you get a phone with 1 GHz speed,it would lag with 4 apps running which is very low in number.

Micromax Canvas -

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/review-the-5inch-micromax-canvas-a100/284473-11.html

• Sunil

I'd searched on many sites saying that flash is not supported.Moreover,Adobe has removed flash support from all mobile devices and Google too has removed support after 4.0.4 update or in Jellybean update.

Micromax Canvas has Play store preinstalled,but you won't be able to get Adobe Flash as Adobe has removed the app.

The implication of having dual SIM phone is that both the SIMs will consume more battery for keeping the phone connected to both the networks.If one of the network is unavailable or is very weak,the battery consumption will increase rapidly as it'll search for good strength network.

• Sunil

Your link is very nice and apt

Can you confirm whether it supports Adobe flash for playing streaming videos

Many models donot support Adobe Flash , the apk of which is thereby not installable on such handsets

Visit the link below and head to 8:24 of the video to see YouTube video being played.So,this phone can play flash videos -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMXH4IqC_HM

• Sunil

Thanks for video link

Even Micromax A75 plays youtube without installing Flash and does NOT play flash on pages like http://www.iskconmumbai.com/live-view and on many flash video streaming pages - giving error - asking to install flash which does not get installed and says incompatible for the deivice on play store. Please confirm

Please also tell, what is practical implication of both sims GSM , or one GSM and one CDMA

16. 573d1210d64cc82ed1979188e3b9622a

Android OS or gingerbread is cheap and good though

17. 573d1210d64cc82ed1979188e3b9622a

can you be a little more specific?

18. venkatp16

Samsung, Micromax , HTC.... also depends on your budget

19. Lior Morag

motorola defy plus. Not expensive, reliable and has nice features

20. Harshit Jain

dont buy chinese android craps like micromax, lava, spice.

• Aditya Roy

Spice,Micromax and lava are all Indian companies and not Chinese

• Kyem Ghosh

these three companies are 100% Indian but maximum products are built in China..but they change the chinese company tag to their own name... Well spice is a lil bit good as they assemble their products in India itself...

21. Harshit Jain

REAL ADVICE---- Stay away from samsung. They dont give updates on budget andrpid phones. The update button given in sAMSUNG budget phones is for show only. Buy Sony erricson, motorola or nexus s

22. Tanveer Ahmed

HTC ONE V is really good android device for the price u can find for USD 300
    http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one-v/#specs

23. Aditya Roy

For budget android phones try Micromax, Spice, Huawei. Or you can have samsung budget android phones too. For example(Samsung Galaxy Y Duos or Samsung Galaxy Pocket)

• Aditya Roy

My recommendation would be Spice Stellar Craze Mi 355. It is a dual SIM android smartphone with 800 MHz processor and 5MP Camera.
      Price: $146.67 approx Rs. 6600.

• Harshit Jain

dont recommend cheap rebranded chinese things

24. MrXlover

What is your budget?

I'm sorry your phone appears unrecoverable. :-(

To answer your question, personally, I prefer some of the slightly older phones, with excellent reputations and well established community support - and in particular GSM over CDMA technology. Also low price is a major concern.

The HTC Nexus is probably the most well known of all the Android devices.

This is a US deal only, maybe? I'm not certain if US GSM phones are 100% compatible in all countries. I know that the data connection is wildly incompatible with some systems.

Anyway, here's what such a phone would cost in the US:

http://www.buy.com/prod/htc-nexus-one-pb99100-gray-unlocked-t-mobile-3g/221497016.html

Here's a link to the "best" ROMs available for the device:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1792063

• Harshit Jain

htc nexus is ancient.:-)

26. dr. android

If you want a top android phone i sugest Samsung Galaxy S Advance or you could wait a little an check this phone out : http://android-doctor.com/huawei-ascend-d1-quad-core-price-and-specs/

27. Vipul Jain

A bit more specific/quantitative figure for a reasonable price?

• Sunil

Yes gingerbread is ok

Would be better if you can suggest the Android flavour of choice and the price range of reasonable price as it is a relative term. :)

• Sunil

Rs.4k to Rs.9k

This phone has been very recently launched in India and exactly fits your bill. I guess it costs around 6.7K. It is the Galaxy Y DUOS Lite GT-S5302. They have both single SIM and dual SIM models of it. The full details and specs are here : http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/mobile-phone/mobile-phone/smartphone/GT-S5302ZWAINU

I have just brought a Samsung Galaxy Chat GT-B5330 a couple of hours back. It cost me Rs. 8,500 . It has just been launched in India a few days back and features a 3 inch touch and qwerty both. BTW it have Android Sandwich 4.0.4 so at that price point, I think it is a great value for money.

Another good phone that has been launched is Sony Xperia Tipo Dual @ Rs. 10,200 . Again, this is a decent ICS phone.