How can I make all previously entered names show in a text box using ASP?

axiah August 19, 2011

I have a text box in my ASP page and yes I using database.

I want to show all names which is all names previously entered. When a user types in a letter in that textbox, whatever names starting with that letter.

The names are from a list generated by other function, pulled out from active directory.

So for example:

When user types in “a” in a textbox then automatically names “aron” “asron” “amanda” in the list shows, and user can select one of those names.

Actually I’m using ASP language not ASP.NET. I have tried using normal coding but I can’t get the result that I want because if I using that coding, user must entered full name instead the first letter.

You need to learn Javascript I believe. Attach to the keyup event, then search the db with ajax and display the results in a drop down. 

W3Schools has a lesson on "live searches" for both ASP & Ajax and PHP & Ajax. I would use PHP and Ajax (: