How do I get my previous New Tab page back in Google Chrome if I don’t like the Awesome New Tab page?

Dee Roe September 13, 2012

Google Chrome changed the New Tab page we had to a new one. I think it is called the Awesome New Tab page. I don’t like the new new tab page. I’m wondering how I can get the New Tab page I had before back as my opening page. Is it possible? I have Windows 7 on my computer. Thank you.

1. kai

On the far right next to the address field click on the icon with the 3 bars (customise), select 'Tools' then 'Extensions' and just disable it.

2. Vishal Mishra

Uninstall it from extension from setting section.

3. Noah Brisson

Just disable the add on. You don't have to delete it. If you decide to try it again later :)

4. Alex Perkins

Goto the spanner icon in the top right, click settings. Then on the top left click Extensions. Then next to the awesome new tab page click the trash can. :-)

5. Ravi Meena

awsome new tab page is an add-on, you might have installed it by mistake, go to tools>extension, you will find awsome new tab there, just uninstall it, hope that helps :)

• Dee Roe

Thank you very much for taking the time to help. It is very much appreciated.

6. Sidu Soren

just go to settings->extensions and then delete it
    chrome://chrome/extensions/