How can I preview the content of ZIP or RAR files of a Torrent before downloading them?

Nazar Nirvana August 5, 2012

How can I know the content of RAR or ZIP files before downloading them from Torrent. Can I preview content of RAR before downloading?

I use µTorrent, but I think I can do this from this.. So is there any solution? I don’t like downloading a RAR file from Torrent around 1 GB and find at last that the RAR file does not contain files I need or is corrupt.

1. Dave Rimmer

If you don't like Rar files then re-search for the movie and find a xvid or avi file of the same movie, but like everyone has stated read the comments on the movie in the first place. I have downloaded a few Rar files only to find that a few are password protected so I try to avoid them when possible.

• kumar

i have one zip file .but when i open it displays Enter the password for encrypted file.
      i downloaded from torrentreactor.net

plz help me

2. Amit Sinha

you can't see it before downloading but if you can see the file if you are downloading through http

3. Dylan

Hello sir
    I'm an avid Torrent(er?)

There are two ways ti get a torrent
    1-Magnet Download{Download entire library as a whole}
    2-Download Then open Torrent{Download the torrent and then open with your client and pick and choose what you want

Pick the Rar you want and When the .Rar starts to download you can open it while downloading and look at the directories.

As for corruptness its really a matter of downloading from trusted up-loaders and reading the reviews and comments.

4. Âdil Farôôq

As said by Oron some sites like isohunt gives you this facility.

5. the profiesto ..

The best thing is to check out the comments... If you are downloading movies from torrent which are recently released and the files are shown in rar or zip format their is a maximum probability that they don't contain the required data and are protected by a password which wants you to complete a survey to unlock it...

6. Reý Aetar

no you cant but check the comments on the torrent by others that works for me

7. muotechguy

Not possible. Check the comments on the torrent and stick to private sites if you can. PirateBay, for instance, indicates whether the uploader is trusted with little coloured skull icons. So if there's zero comments and the uploader is unknown, just dont download.

8. Vipul Jain

you cant be sure about corrupt, but for checking contents, download the file, when it starts after 1-2 minutes the rar will appear on the hard drive. open it and check it.
    As for corrupt torrents, download torrents from piratebay and read user comments before downloading, they are quite insightful.
    Else download from vertor, they have verified torrents only.

9. Burhan Ahmed

Many ppl download all parts to check the quality of the current movie they are downloading not knowing that they can preview and even extract parted files without having all the parts...

It's sure frustrating to download a multi part movie, just to find out u already have it or don't want it. Using Winrar u can preview, not sure if any, but most movies just with one part of it. It have to be the 1st part, though.

To preview the movie e.g. .mpg- .wmv- .avi- .mp3-files by downloading only the first part.
    U'll need:
    1. Winrar Archiver
    2. Password for the RAR Archive, if it is password protected
    3. A Media Player like Jet Audio, WMP Classic, Winamp or WMP etc..............

This is how:
    Lets assume that u want to preview a movie that has been divided into X RAR Archives named - , anynicepronmov.part1.rar, anynicepronmov.part2.rar, anynicepronmov.part3.rar and so on.

Download anynicepronmov.part1.rar and open it with Winrar. Cick the [ EXTRACT ]-button.

NOTE: Very important! Check the [ Keep broken files ]-box

To save anynicepronmov.part1.rar u, as usual, either enter a custom address or u leave it at default. Click [ EXTRACT ]-button. Enter the password if prompted and click [ OK ].

Now u'll be prompted to give the path for the next part. Just Click [ Cancel ] and [ Close ] on the error-dialog that pops-up.

Find the path and the extracted file. There's ur preview. Play the file with ur default Media Player.
    Sometimes while trying to preview .avi files u may get an error. u can remedy this by playing it in some other player like, VLC Player

Ur done and hopefully saved a lot of time and space...

10. Oron

In short, no. Torrents are listed by file name. Some web sites (e.g. isohunt.com) list the contents of torrent archives, so you could search such sites and may get lucky, but this is not a universal solution.