How can I prevent the URL from showing when a viewer hovers over an annotation in my YouTube video?

Darren Nash April 20, 2012

I was just wondering if there is a way to stop a URL from showing up on Youtube Annotations when the mouse hovers over it?

Essentially I’m trying to create an interactive quiz on Youtube. Each question has four possible answers – one correct and three wrong.

I’ve set up a “Spotlight’ annotation on each answer, with the correct answer going to a Youtube video saying congratulations and the other three wrong answers going to a ‘Sorry but your wrong’ Youtube video.

The problem is that if someone hovers the mouse over all the answers they can see from the URL that appears that three take you one video and one takes you to a different video – so it’s obvious that the odd one out is the correct answer.

Any advice would be much appreciated.