How can I prevent Hotmail from accessing MSN?

Helion Holanda November 20, 2011

I wonder if it would be possible to prevent a Hotmail account from coordinating with MSN automatically (without deleting the e-mail account).

1. Susendeep Dutta

When you logout from your Hotmail account,you see MSN page loads.Then you have the option of sign-in which doesn't take you to your Hotmail inbox.This proves that they want users to access their MSN services - like MSN Instant Messenger, MSN Money, your own custom MSN home page and more. So as part of the login process you might see domains fly by that included msn.com, passport.com (the single-sign-on provider), hotmail.com and perhaps even hotmail.msn.com.

And I think that even if you use their paid service,this would not stop MSN from loading after your Hotmail logout.

Actually, it is possible somehow to do what you asked.  Here are the instructions:

-- log in to hotmail
    -- click on options
    -- select more options
    -- under heading Customizing hotmail, click on Windows Live Home settings
    -- select Show me inbox when i log in
    -- click on save
    -- log out of hotmail
    -- log in to hotmail again
    -- any changes?

• Susendeep Dutta

I have even gone to advanced options and unchecked the MSN option and followed the instructions as given by you.But no changes has occurred.