How can I prevent friends of friends from commenting on my Facebook photos?

Mustafa August 31, 2011

Under the new Facebook privacy settings, how can I prevent my friends’ friends, i.e. friends of friends from commenting on my photos?

1. Kpopaagift

how can i open my facebook that was blocked by someone?

2. Kpopaagift

how can open my facebook that was blocked by someone else?

3. Julie

what i had to do (and its a lot of work, unfortunately) is make a group of friends that includes all your friends. I call mine "pictures friends" and then when you make an album make it visible only to that group of friends.
    The hardest part is starting the group and then everytime you add a friend you need to remember to add them to that group. This way only your friends are visible of the picture. even if someone is tagged it doesnt show up on their page.

i'd love to go back to the days of visible without stranger comments (i had my FB on lockdown, page only visible to friends, yet still had this problem), but i have a sneaky suspicion thats not gonna happen =(

hope this helped

4. AYA

I hope this will help. This work on my video. Click edit video .CHoose CUSTOM. Make this visible to: FRIENDS . . and uncheck FRIENDS OF THOSE TAGGED.

5. Nic

nothing is working it's so annoying having friends of friends commenting on your photos

6. Antony

I tried to figure this out many times... no way. As long as you have friends tagged in your pictures, their friends can also comment your own pictures.

That's very annoying in my case, because I'm currently studying abroad, and so I have friends from many different countries. So I can see people commented my own profile in russian, slovenian, etc...

7. BlogGirl

I found a solution for this problem; however, as the commenter above said this should be done manually for each photo. I guess Album Setting doesn't work anymore. http://bloggirl.us/how-can-i-prevent-friends-of-friends-from-commenting-on-my-facebook-photos/

Thanks for sharing your solution, BlogGirl!

• Justme32801

It still doesn't work this way. I have friends of friends commenting on my album pictures :(

8. Plumsource

I've just tried to figure it out as well. The only way I can see is if you manually do it for EACH PICTURE!! Bottom right options "Share with: Friends (+) Edit" and click edit. But who's gonna sit through editing ALL their shots! This needs sorting Facebook!

9. Anushka22

I can't believe there's no way to change this!

10. luckymom22

I agree with Sas. Time to make complaints!!

11. Sas

even when set to friends, the new facebook privacy settings allow friends of people tagged in photos to comment. Really crap.  There appears to be no way of turning it off/not allowing this under the 'new and improved' facebook.  Complaint time!

12. richa

@carmen.... finally found a solution... a bit lengthy but works.... while uploading an album or a picture u have to customize the settings every time.... go to edit album... and change the privacy setting.... the default setting is friends of friends... u just gotta make it to friends.... and in case u wanna hide it from someone in ur frnd list u can do the same with another option so provided....

• AkashD

Thnx for figuring it out.. :)
      Atleast now I have a solution well in advance.. 

• jaz

This is how all my albums are set up but yet the friends of the people I tagged in it can still comment. Help again!

• Aks Boss

thanks it works for me!!!

13. Natural_richa

akash... i am having the same problem as carmen....
    the new setting is not giving me the option u mentioned... although, these were very much there in the old one.... :(

• AkashD

I think I don't have those new settings yet..
      Have attached a screenshot of mine above..
      *regrets*

14. AkashD

Mustafa,
               Login to your Facebook profile > click on Account > then click on Privacy Settings.

Under Sharing on Facebook click on Custom > then click on Customise settings.

Scroll down the page a bit and next to 'Photos and videos I'm tagged' click on the (Edit settings) button.. and choose (Friends only) in the next pop up.

Just below it, and next to 'Permission to comment on your posts' click on the (Friends only) button..

If you want to block some people from commenting on your posts:

next to, 'Permission to comment on your posts' click on the (Customize) button.. Now, under 'Hide this from' enter the names of those connections whom you want to block from being able to Like or Comment on your posts.. then click on (Okay) when you are done.

• Clo202

Thank you for your response. However, I am not sure if those are the old settings. Under the current settings, changed a few days ago, I do not have those options. Or at least I cannot access them the way you explain. I've spent hours trying to figure this out. 
      Thanks for any more leads! 
      Carmen 

• AkashD

Really regret.. for not being able to help you...
        But I'm still able to access my Privacy Settings in the same way I explained..
        Checked twice.. Its working for me..
        but in the top it says 'Expect simpler Privacy Settings soon..'
        *regrets*
        Screenshot attached..