How can I prevent comments I posted on Facebook from appearing in Google search results?

Rock23 March 15, 2011

I had recently made some comments on wall posts of various Facebook pages. Now when I made a Google search for my name, searches were returned which
could take anyone straight to those pages where I had posted those comments.

I have in Facebook set ‘search for me’ to ‘friends of friends’, but still people can find my profile by clicking on my profile name on those comments of mine. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Google also has all those pages cached where I posted comments, so now I have to delete all those comments of mine on various pages and then use Google’s webmaster tool to get Google to re-crawl through those pages, so that my name is no longer related to those posts and so it won’t pop up in searches.

But some of the comments made by others still have my name in the form of ‘@myname’ I asked the page admins to delete such comments, but they seem to be deaf.

Tell me what should I do now? I always kept all my privacy settings quite tight, but still my profile can be found in this manner. Google also tells me that
some Facebook page owners let their pages be crawled or monitored by Google. So anyone who posts a comment on any of their updates (posts) of such pages, link to that webpage which has his comment will be shown in
Google search results.

Isn’t this a violation of privacy, which Facebook says it maintains a strict policy on? My family can find my Facebook profile owing to those comments I posted, even when I have my public search settings narrowed down to the
least. Help!

2. Rock23

I narrowed down all the settings under 'apps and websites' including the public search settings..
    Is this all i was supposed to do?

you name will still appear because google and other search engines have your information already cached and stored on their systems. It will take a while for this to be removed from their systems or search engines.

1)Goto Facebook.com & login into your account
    2)Hover mouse over “Settings” & click “Privacy Settings”.
    3)Click “Search” option on Privacy Settings page. Then click “Close” button on the info pop-up box
    4)Click to uncheck “Allow”box and then click “Confirm” button on pop-up box. This settings change will prevent and take out your Facebook profile from Google Search listing.

1. Go to Accounts on top right corner > Privacy settings > Applications & Websites (bottom left corner) > Edit ur settings > Public search settings.
    Here u can disable ur search ability..

http://www.facebook-log.com/prevent-search-engines-google-showing-public-search-listing/

http://www.reputation.com/

REMOVEYOURNAME.COM: the price is $995 to remove your negative information from the first page of Google, $1495 to remove your negative information from the first two pages of Google, Yahoo, Bing and AOL. and $3,995 for the first three pages
    http://www.removeyourname.com/