Why do I always have to press F1 to continue the boot process?

imran bhatti July 8, 2011

When I start my computer, it always requires me to press F1 to continue. I want to remove this demand. How can I do this?

Sounds like a dead CMOS battery.  Replace it.

Hello, usually you have to press F1 for every reboot when the time/date on your computer is not correct.  When you restart your computer go into BIOS and set the right time and date.  Also, when you start seeing this is because the CMOS battery on your motherboard might need to be replaced.  Also make sure that the cable connection from your motherboard to your hardware are connected right.

Is there any error message?

Go to Bios
    There could be 4 references to the floppy drive in your cmos:The floppy controller (needs to be disabled)
    The floppy drive type (set to NONE)
    Floppy drive seek--the bios looks for a floppy drive during the posting process (set to NO)
    Floppy drive in the boot order (remove it from the boot order or set it as the last device),

if you find a floppy drive is set to 1.44M, but in fact there is no floppy drive, you need to make IDE SECONDARY MASTER AUTO replaced NONE

reset CMOS and BIOS

F1:boot is part of the POST process. The boot process paused because of the hardware failure. like audio is not connected to the jumper on the mother board?

• Vackovski