What is the best way to prepare an Android tablet filled with paid apps before gifting it?

Ben December 17, 2011

I am giving my mother a tablet (Lenovo A1, Android 2.3) for Christmas. I don’t want to give it to her and then spend hours setting it up her credit card and searching the market place for apps. I know her Gmail address and password and I know her WiFi network ID and password. So basically I want to log into my Google account through my WiFi on her new tablet, load it with the apps she will want paid for through my account. Then clear all traces of me from the tablet. And finally set up her WiFi and Gmail account.

When she opens it she should be able to hit the Gmail button and instantly read her email or play Three Jewels in a Row(that I bought her) or whatever. Any apps purchased under my account should work fine once her Gmail is set up on the device. My gmail, market place history, my apps, my credit card, my contacts… should all be gone from the tablet.

What is the best way of giving my mother a tablet that is ready to go. Giving her something that is either useless or requires hours of setup on Christmas day is certainly not ideal.

1. Jesus O.

i would recommend setting up a new email, very similar to hers, linking your card to the account. Going about purchasing the apps and then removing your account, then forwarding all her mail from her gmail to the new account to make it seamless. In other words, make her a new gmail, and make it seems like its hers with email forwarding. this way all your information would never touch her tablet after you unlink your card.

i think  applications are tied directly to your email account and can't be transferred to another account, maybe if you ask the developpers one by one?

New Android Market allows you to choose your Google account
    http://www.androidcentral.com/new-android-market-allows-you-choose-your-google-account