Which pre-installed Vista and HP clutter can I remove safely from my notebook?

Myke46 August 10, 2010

I have an HP Compaq Presario CQ50-103NR, Windows Vista Basic. I understand that some of the pre-installed stuff in my notebook may occur more than once with one each from Windows and HP. How can I determine what I can remove from my computer SAFELY?

1. Rican1168

my computer is a 2002 hp and i get hang ups alllloootttt. Is there something i can do to fix this or improve the problem

Take a screenshot of what's installed (or type it out to us), send it to us and we'll tell you what to remove.

Pretty much anything that doesn't have Drivers, Device, Settings in the name can be removed. If you are not sure about something, ask us. That's why we are here.

3. Jessica Cam W.

It would help us more if you could list the software that your system currently has.

One note, I think you can usually uninstall your anti-virus software (especially if it's something like Norton that'll nag you to purchase a license) as long as you get another free security software (like anti-virus programs) to replace it. The Windows Security Center will still work in the background in conjunction with your new free anti-virus program and Windows Firewall (which should/could stay in your system for convenience).

After you've removed unnecessary programs, you might want to check out some greatly recommended apps:

*Must-install Programs For A New PC
    *Our MakeUseOf Pack for Windows

4. timmyjohnboy

That's a good question. There is a tool available that may be of assistance called pcdecrapifier. Giver a try and see what it does for you.

Ask this question to a Linux user and they'll tell you to install Linux :) Just sayin'.

5. Enderwiggin24

there is a software, that helps with the removal of that list of crapware.
    http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/features