How can I see old posts on my Facebook wall?

Ketharaman Swaminathan February 4, 2011

I hardly see posts going back 24-48 hours on my Facebook wall. I’ve heard about a “View older posts” hyperlink at the bottom of the page. However, in my case, I only see this remark: “There are no more posts to show right now.” and an “Edit Options” hyperlink at the bottom. Facebook’s help pages are of no help. I’ve logged a ticket on Facebook support and attached a screenshot, there’s still no reply.

1. Rizwan

"there are no posts to show right now" The same message I am getting on my FB wall as I think there are some bugs on facebook database... I don't know what to do to resolve this issue.Can some one help me out...?

2. jenny

I can not see my old posts,it say there is on more posts,where is my old posts?
    would i albe to get them back damm dissapointed plz help :|

3. Mo

I have same problem :(

4. guest

Im not only not able to see older posts but i can't see any at all, none from today or the past few days, and i do not have the option to show older posts, just top stories and most recent which neither do anything...

5. Raushan kumar

i m not able to see the notification and past post wall of facebook pls hel me regarding this problem........

6. Normnal

I could not view older posts on my home page and through trial and error,this Is all that would work for me.....
    At top right side of your Timeline home page click the drop down arrow,click settings,click security on left side of page,click edit settings on right side of page and disable secure browsing.I hope this works for some of you also!

7. ODSCOTT

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE MY POSTS OFF MY FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. ben

wall net

9. Last_23_jayson

how to see my old posts in facebook,,,

10. Shyju Pacha

i accidently delete my wallpost photos , 
    how can i relod my wallposts?

11. Mdobrevska

I activated the option  Limit the Audience for Past Posts, and now I don't know how to deactivate it! I can't see nothing that me or my friends posted on my wall before dec 2010. Can somebody tell me how to deactivate this thing?

12. Dimple

hi

13. Payton_vege

Amazing write-up! This could aid plenty of people find out more about this particular issue. Are you keen to integrate video clips coupled with these? It would absolutely help out. Your conclusion was spot on and thanks to you; I probably won’t have to describe everything to my pals. I can simply direct them here!

14. Jithupathiyil

hai

15. Robigsarkisian

• Jay.0

It's a bug.
      Ttry this :
      Save the link of the post.
      and go to the link when it disappears.

16. Dred
  17. Bob

I was having this problem in Safari - going to History->Clear History fixed it.

18. Valerie .

I've got a question, but first I'm going to start with this... Well, since Facebook has updated itself my old wall post from my friendsare now shown to "only me" is there anyway I can possibly make it public my friends again? Or can I not? ...

go to privacy settings >> how you connect-edit settings >> last and 4th option : Who can see Wall posts by others - set it to friends only or set it to any option except only me.

this setting should be "only me", before you make the above changes, that is why only you can see posts by friends.

did it work ? whats ur question now ?

19. Heidishaw

I started writing quotes after the loss of a child. The other day these quotes or my past wall quotes disappeared. I have been frantic and devastated!!You saved me. YOU found them!!!!Thank you so very much!!!!I am forever in your debt!!!
    Have a wonderful day dearones!!!!!!!!!

20. Gagik Kirakosyan

• Gagik Kirakosyan

I can not see my old posts,It say there is no more posts.Where is my old posts?

Refresh the page.
      click on "more stories"
      but you should be able to see posts of the current week for sure.
      It will not display posts older than 10-15 days.

21. CowGrl5169

How do I see my FB Statuses that go back before June 16th. 2009?
    All these FB apps and websites are great but I need to go back further then it will show me.

22. Lowrider1535

i've found old facebook posts on archivebook. but they are not showing up on my facebook wall, and i'd like to delete them. how can i do this?

23. Sukhid9

how i can see my old posts in facebook,when i click edit option there is no old posts i m so disappointed need help plz

24. Guest

http://apps.facebook.com/krebsco

It lets you download your old statuses too.

Hi Ketharaman,

Were you able to find a way to view older wall posts? Did you try the suggestions above? Let us know.

Aibek

Hi
    Archievedbook is a small website based on Facebook connect, which allows to read your old status updates but also all the messages your friends posted on your wall. And you can check all your friends' past wall and status updates as
    Archivedbook
    Archivedbook is a great way to review your Facebook profile's history!
    ?View all the old wall messages from your Facebook friends.
    ?View all your old status updates.
    ?Check how many likes and comments got posted on your profile since the last 30 days.
    ?...and you can also view the same data about your friends!
    http://archivedbook.com/

Exporting and seeing all your old Facebook statuses
    http://www.socialarchivist.com/2009/08/20/exporting-all-your-old-facebook-statuses/

or
    this app: http://apps.facebook.com/get-my-life-back

If you do not mind playing with scripts, there is a java script that can refresh your old post every so often. There is no guarantees that it will work for you but you can try it at your own risk. Remember, at your own risk:

-- Log in to Facebook
    -- Go to your wall
    -- Copy and paste the following code into your address bar:

javascript:function showMore() {ProfileStream.getInstance().showMore(); setTimeout(showMore, 100)} showMore();?

-- press enter
    -- If you reach a posting that it is too long and you want to read it, just click the x in your browser.
    -- The number of posts can be changed. See that number 100 on the second line? You can change that to any number depending on how far you want to search.

Hope it helps and remember, use it at your own risk!