How can I post on a specific page in WordPress?

facetube youbook May 15, 2012

How can I post on a specific page on WordPress? Is there a plugin that takes care of it or do I have to deal with categories? I’m not sure how to go about this, any advice would be great.

1. Jamie VanRaalte

I'm confused as well. You can set up the front page to be a specific page and I believe you can have your posts displayed there. If that's not what you want, then I am confused.

I'm not really sure what you're asking to be honest, but my best guess is that you want to have a specific URL? As in, http://www.mysite.com/mypage instead of /?P=12345...

In which case, there is a page for permalinks under the settings part of the sidebar. Changes this as per the examples given there, and you'll be able to edit the URL (aka "slug") of posts and pages.

If that's not the solution you wanted, please clarify, since I'm the resident WordPress guy here and I'll try to answer more.

• mulaysmara

I kind of have the same question, however I can phrase it this way: lets say I have a 5 pages(Home. News, Blog, Contact) I would like to know how to post in one of the three pages anytime.
      All I know is that it is possible to swish the post and home page but that would not help.
      I have no idea how slug works.

I would like to request a post by Makeuseof folks regarding such issue, as most WordPress user need to know.

Thank you James