How can I post to multiple social networks without double posting?

wolfcrane July 3, 2010

I have multiple social networks connected together, and if I post to one, it will repost to the others, which is fine. But the problem is then that those other social networks repost the same item again. So I wind up with the same post on one page duplicated several times. Is there a way to avoid this? Is there a service that will take care of it?

1. sharath.seo

Hi, you can post into multiple social networks or manage multiple social networks from a single site and also can post messages using the following sites http://ping.fm and http://hellotxt.com

2. wolfcrane

I wonder how well the new Flock Beta will handle this?

Not really a Flock user and therefore have no idea. But that being sad, Flock is known to be a social browser so I think it should be able to handle this.

3. wolfcrane

I asked posterous about AdSense, and their reply is: we don't currently support Adsense, but are looking into it for a future release.

Thanks for sharing this information!

4. wolfcrane

I'm wondering if Posterous allows you to use Google AdSense?
    Also, I have noticed over the past few days that Facebook has been having problems importing the RSS feed from my blog at blogspot, I wonder if Posterous would be any better? It seemed like FriendFeed did OK.

5. wolfcrane

Yeah, especially when Friendfeed works with Stumbleupon, so I don't understand why Posterous can't.

6. wolfcrane

I had thought I had disconnected all my services yesterday, and I was just posting to posterous, which would then post to my twitter page, friendfeed page, and my blog at blogspot. For some reason, Friendfeed was still posting multiple posts to FaceBook. I had disconnected all services from Friendfeed, except Facebook. I would have posterous connect to facebook, but it looks like it will take my posts at facebook, and repost them. I'd like to keep my facebook page semi-private.

• wolfcrane

I disconnected Friendfeed from Facebook, and now I just have Facebook receiving the RSS feed from my blog, which picks up my posts from posterous. What's weird is that the posts are now "note" in Facebook, and they just provide a link to my posterous page, where the people have to go, to get the link to the web page of interest that I had submitted to posterous. Sort of a convoluted way to click on a web site of interest! BTW, I asked the people at posterous if they will be adding stumbleupon, and they just said they'd consider it.

I am surprised to find out that SB is not in the list of supported services already. They should add it.

7. wolfcrane

Hi Aibek, It's very possible that you are correct. I haven't checked my settings in quite a while for the various networks I belong to. I am thinking it might be Friendfeed. I am wondering if Posterous would be the best one to use? I mainly post to my blog at blogspot, stumbleupon, twitter, and facebook. Although I do have an account at most of the other networks too. Thanks.

Hi,

Yeah, I pretty sure the double postings are caused by setting in other
      networks. As for the best app to use, I am not really sure. Although it
      seems that several MUO authors use Posterous for the same purpose. With
      that in mind I would recommend using it as well.

Aibek

Hi,

Aibek

8. Terry Anderson

I think Sendible would be the perfect solution for you. It allows you manage your brand / image across multiple social network profiles and provides full statistics on each post. It supports all major social networks and offers freemium accounts.

I use it to promote my blog posts and Sendible updates my Facebook Personal Page, my Facebook Fan Page and my Twitter Account automatically.

Take a look over at http://www.sendible.com

• wolfcrane

Thanks. I'll check sendible out. I am trying posterous first, to see if it meets my needs.

9. wolfcrane

Well, I post to blogger, and I'll "like" something on stumbleupon, and maybe the same thing at youtube, and usually what will happen is that it will show up as 3 or 4 duplicate posts at my facebook profile, and maybe on twitter. What I'd like to do, is post once at one service, and it distributes that post to all of my other services without making duplicates. I had tried posterous, and I think the problem still continued.

Is it possible that some of your social profiles (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, SU etc) are set to post status updates to your other social networking accounts. That would explain duplicates in case when updates are done by third party apps like Posterous.

10. Jessica Cam W.

Which service are you using to repost things? Have you tried Posterous? It will autopost to all of your connected services if you send an email to post@posterous.com, but you can also select specific services by sending an email to, for example, flickr+facebook@posterous.com.There's also Postling from which I've heard very good things.