Is it possible to use uTorrent for web browsing and downloading via proxy?

Shreyansh J August 1, 2014

Hi, my WiFi provider gives 2mbps for browsing and 16mbps for uTorrent.  I want to know if there is a way by which I can redirect my browsing and downloading through uTorrent through proxy or something.

1. Jeff F

The short answer is not in the way that you probably think. If you would have asked this question a few years ago I would have told you that you could not browse websites that use HTTP or HTTPs on a bit torrent protocol, however, although still true, the times are changing and the need for a decentralized web server is becoming increasingly more apparent for various reasons. In its current form, the current domain name system based websites are incompatible with decentralized peer-to-peer based websites.

If you're interested in learning more, have a read. .

IBTIMES - he Pirate Bay Developing PirateBrowser: Will New BitTorrent-Powered Web Browser Make Domain Names Obsolete?
    TorrentFreak - BITTORRENT SYNC USED TO CREATE DECENTRALIZED WEB BROWSER
    Appstorm - Torch is the Web Browser for BitTorrent, but it Does More

• Shreyansh J

Thank You jeff...