Is it possible to use multiple music selling services on my website?

Anonymous April 22, 2014

Can you tell me whether there’s any conflict in using both CD Baby and, say, Tunecore or Bandcamp on a website? CD Baby sells albums and singles from those albums, but it doesn’t sell “orphan” single tracks. I already have CD Baby, but would like to add one of the above to my site, rather than replacing CD Baby with one of them. Is this feasible? Thanks!

1. Vokal57

Arron, I'm so impressed with the speed and thoroughness of your response! Thank you so much. I thought what you wrote was the most likely scenario, but I've gotten no response from CD Baby as yet. S'pose I'll have to call, rather than write!

Thanks again, Arron. You guys evidently rock!

Kay

2. Arron W

If you mean coding both of those onto the webpage, then I foresee no issue with this, the codes should run along side each other with no issue at all. Many websites use multiple copies of the same things, for example, MUO here lets you log in with multiple different services. And correct me if I am wrong, but most of these services simply embed links or players, and most of the actual back end for purchases are done on their own server systems? This should especially mean there are no conflicts for you.

If you however mean, a conflict such that the companies will not be happy with you using both services simultaneously, you'll need to either get in contact with them, or read their license agreements. Again though, I foresee no issue, modern web companies are happy being used along side others, because the strength of the web is freedom of choice, and forcing their service is not going to be a good marketing strategy.

Hopefully, this is of some use to you