Is it possible to recover data from a physically broken SD card?

Jade C December 27, 2013

I put my SD card into the card reader and I guess I pushed too hard and it snapped. I am able to open it up and when I do, there`s a little crack on the side (above where the slider lock is) but the actual black card inside is in tact. I can open it up completely, but I`m afraid I will do more harm, so I can only slightly see inside and just that tiny crack. When I plug it into my PC, it says that I have to format it; I just cancel out of it because I don`t want to erase the images. So I downloaded all the various recovery programs and it keeps coming up as `O`and no files found. I am really hoping this can be fixed as its xmas pics and I don`t want to lose them. Any help is appreciated!

1. Mini S

Does your problem be solved? why not have a try of MiniTool Power Data Recovery?

If the SD card is physically damaged as you describe, recovery software won't help. Depending on the actual damage, a data-recovery company may be able to recover your data, but it won't be cheap!

Sorry to be the carrier of bad news.

3. kihara

Which recovery programs have you tried? A program like Pandora which is free should be able to recover the images.