Is there a plugin that allows me to paste URLs of images into blog posts?

Vishnu May 16, 2011

I was wondering if there is a plugin which allows me to paste the URLs of images in my blog. I mean not like clicking upload/insert button, but by just the url in the post and my image would show up.

1. vishnu

@TinaMUO:disqus  my blog is self hosted wordpress.@rdube01 thanks man :)

Vishnu, if you're using wordpress, you might try Remote Images Grabber. With it, you can provide a list of external image URLs and it'll automatically import the images to your blog.

Other than that, there are a lot of unknowns when it comes to placing images in your posts automatically with a plugin - where exactly do you want to place it, and where exactly is the original stored? Plugins would have difficulty filling in those blanks automatically for you - you still need to place and format the image, and tell it where to upload from.

Remote Images Grabber does let you automatically mass-import images that are already online without going through the whole upload process using just the URL - so maybe it may serve as a tool to do what you need...

This is all assuming you're using WordPress of course...

Vishnu,

where or how is your blog hosted? For example do you use WordPress or Blogger? Depending on what service you use, the plugin or method may be different.

Also, I assume you already have the URL of the image, e.g. somewhere on Flickr or another image hosting service. Or are the images you want to paste onto your blog on your computer?