Can you help me with a plugin installation on a wordpress blog?

Lewis July 27, 2010

I have just set up WordPress on 000webhost.com manually. I have got it working OK and have installed and activated a theme.

But I have a problem with plugins. Two plugins I have tried to install haven’t worked for me, here are the problems:

1.Plugin – WPTouch

I go to the dashboard,click plugins, add new, search ‘WPTouch’ click install. It unpacks etc. gets to installing and (I think) it freezes. The loading bar stops and it appears to be doing nothing. I have left it for a while but nothing happens.

2.Plugin – Meebo Bar

I want to have the Meebo bar on my site so, I went to the site clicked add new bar for a self hosted WP site, it gives me these instructions:

# Download the Meebo for WordPress plugin
# You now have two options: using the WordPress plugin uploader or unzipping the plugin yourself:

Using the Plugin Uploader

1. Sign in to your WordPress blog.
2. From the left-hand menu, select “Plugins > Add New”
3. Select the “Upload” link
4. Click “Choose File” and select the Meebo for WordPress plugin
5. On the following screen, enter the FTP credentials for uploading to your blog.

I get up to here and upload the .zip and get this message:

Unable to create directory /home/a7072184/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2010/07. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

I don’t understand what I have to change, I have tried changing permissions but have not succeeded.

Please help me fix this!