How can I play downloaded movies on my Samsung Blu-Ray player?
Question by Jack /

I have a Samsung Blu-Ray Player. When I tried to play downloaded (to USB) Blu-Ray movies via the player on my Samsung LED HDTV, it did not work. Any suggestions?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , .
Raspberry Pi Projects
Raspberry Pi Projects
Technology Explained
Technology Explained
Arduino Projects
Arduino Projects
Computer Hardware Talk
Computer Hardware Talk
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion
Wearable Tech
Wearable Tech

• Praful

How easy it is…

just plug in the pendrive in the USB port….then the player takes some time to analyze the device and if a CD is inserted in the player than most probably the player will attempt to play the Cd first…if the Cd starts playing then stop it and bring the main menu or home page of the player….press A button on your remote control and an option will come to change the current device…just select the pendrive option and viola! you ready to play the movies in the pendrive…select the Videos seciton after selecting the pendrive option and then the player will automatically bring all the movies in the pendrive in front of you…I also have the same Samsung Bluray player and its good till now…

• Dav532000

You may need to re-encode them to a format supported by you player if so try Format Factory it’s free and a good encoder.

The blu-ray player plays blu-ray disks, not pirated copies of blue-ray disks downloaded to USB. If it does have media player capabilities, it is most likely limited to standard Avi or mpeg file formats.

Hello, also the easiest way of finding out what kind of formats your drive can play is by looking/reading the description on the box.

Read your players manual about its support for external USB storage devices and the playback support for different file types.

That should answer your question.