Why can I not play videos in Windows 7?
Question by Rafe /

Cannot get videos to play on my notebook. Tried to download Adobe. Shows it’s loaded, but I always get missing plug in message. I have Windows 7 on this laptop. What do I need to do?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

were you able to play your video files now? What did the trick? Please let us know!

to play video files you need codecs or a media player that comes with native support for the file you are trying to play.

What is the file type of the video you are trying to watch and which software are you using?

I don’t quite understand why you mention Adobe. Typically, videos are opened with Windows Media Player in Windows 7. What software from Adobe are you using in connection with your video files?

I would recommend you to try VLC Media Player.

For more details about codecs, which one/s you need, and how to get them, check out this article: The Best Video Players & Codecs For Playing Your AVI Movies

• Arbabrox

i have tried vls ,kmp nd some other players,but i click on video file to open it its not opening.this is happening from yesterday only.what would be the issue fault..? help me urgent please

if the advice above doesn’t work for you, I recommend that you submit a new question via MakeUseOf Answers. You will receive an answer within several hours.