How can I play videos on my cell phone?

Ray Again April 12, 2010

What kind of file will play on a Motorola Cliq Phone. It gives a list, but I don’t recognize video formats. I would like to email a video to my daughter.

Gee, I had not been getting any comments, and today I got more than 20 dating to over a year ago.  Wonder what is going on....

Apologies Ray, we upgraded and downgraded the theme for MakeUseOf Answers and in the process it seems that some comment notifications from Disqus were re-sent.

this depends on which video formats your cellphone can accept .normally ,the video formats of the phone is limited ,so many video formats can't be plaied directly. normally ,i will choise a good video convert software.
    i'll recommend a good software for you ..
    ANEESOFT hd video convert which can convert almost all kinds of video formats to all kinds of device , and you can download free trial.
    i have used it for a long time.. it is so useful, and hope U like it,too.

did the above suggestions help you to play videos on your phone?

4. Taty

Cliq runs Android, which can read AAC, MP3, WAV, MIDI, AMR NB, AAC+, MPEG4. If you can, save it as an MPEG4, but if you are sending you want to compress for the web and keep the size as small as possible. The screen size of the Cliq is 320 x 480 pixels.

One important thing to keep in mind is how small your video should be compressed to for you to be able to send it to a phone without having it stream from a website. My advice? Upload it to Youtube, where you can use most formats and up to a gig of space, and send her a link. YouTube will play on Android phones, and if the video is private, you can set the video as private on YouTube and make her one of the people who can see it.
    Let us know if that helps :)