How can I play songs purchased on iTunes offline on my iPad?

Rick April 23, 2011

I bought an iPad and purchased songs through iTunes and downloaded them. How can I play these songs on the iPad if I am not connected to the internet?

1. Tramonto

How can I play my itunes when offline, on ipad 2

2. me you

If not, what MP4 player would you recommend? The Videos app that comes with the ipad has no sorting, playlists, settings, options, etc. I'd like to be able to play my MP4 files with all the options of the ipod player. Thanks!

3. me you

Hi, Can you use iTunes on an ipad to play your files offline? (Instead of using the ipod app).

Just to add - this is the default behaviour. Unless you're streaming from your computer somehow, they will be automatically added next time you sync with your computer. If they're not, check the sync settings screen when it's plugged in, becuase the "sync music" box may not be turned on.

By the way, have you downloaded my free ipad guide? http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/ipad-magical-revolutionary-guide-pdf-guide/

If you downloaded them on your computer you will have to synchronize them to your iPad in order to play them.

If you downloaded them directly on your iPad you are already good-to-go. All you have to do is open the iPod App and select a song to start.