How can I play PlayStation 3 games on my PC without complicated emulators?
Question by Bohed /

I don’t have a PS3, but would like to play those games on my PC. There are emulators, but they seem to be too complicated. Is there an easier way?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , .
Raspberry Pi Projects
Raspberry Pi Projects
Technology Explained
Technology Explained
Arduino Projects
Arduino Projects
Computer Hardware Talk
Computer Hardware Talk
Best Android Games
Best Android Games
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Cool Toys and Gadgets
PC Gaming Masters
PC Gaming Masters
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion
iPhone Games Worth Playing
iPhone Games Worth Playing
Wearable Tech
Wearable Tech

• Jkjv

guuguiguguiguo

If you want to be cheap, you could always hack your PS3 to play downloaded games – it’s not you can play them online or anything right now, eh?! lol…

Oh, now I got it! Thanks guys. I better buy a PS3 then. But playing PS1 games is fun too ;) retro feel.

• Sonigaurav2006

The PS1 is an extremely old console, and that’s why you’re able to play it.. There’s way an app to emulate the ps3 will be developed, and even it will be, garunteed to lag even on the highest end PCs ..

Actually, I AM playing PS1 games on my pc already. Via an emulator of course.

Anyways, thanks for the answer! [but it was not what I expected]

The difference is that the PS1 is a 34MHz machine while the PS3 is 8-Core 3.2Ghz.

Emulation is a process with a very bad performance ratio. Buying a machine capable of decent PS3 emulation would cost you probably more than decent 40″ LCD with a PS3 console.

While I can’t give you any advice on emulators for PS3 games I can tell you that there is no way around them unless the games you want to play were released for the PC at some point ~ in this case you should get the PC version obviously.

The PlayStation is a completely different platform than PC (Win, Linux, Mac). Both the CPU (Cell Microprocessor) and the GPU (NVIDIA RSX) are using different architecture and instruction sets than the PC platform.