How can I play offline games from eyezmaze.com?

Tobias Rieper March 3, 2011

Hi all MakeUseOf users!!!

I had in the past trouble with playing flash games hosted on a website in offline mode. Problem was solved soon thanks to the cache, live http and other methods. Then came up the site locked feature that gave me headaches. Problem was solved, too thanks to XAMPP. And a few days later, when I just grabbed an awesome game and tried ALL methods known for saving it, SURPRISE, there is a new unknown feature that doesn’t let me play offline. :((

The feature can be seen in this or any other game from this site. The game looks 100% correct: scenes, AS, sounds etc. all are there (Thank You Flash Trillix :))) However, when I tried in Opera or other browser including standalone flash player – NOTHING.

Let’s clear some things. I really respect ALL programmers and developers work. Some of them deserve that and sometimes worth some bucks. I only make this because of my ISP that sucks and unable sometimes to give me some bits when I want them badly. I only used decompilers just to find out the trick behind the lock feature and NEVER distributed them or recompiled. I am one of the good guys!!! :)) I only want some fun time when I am sad because of my ISP!!!

So far I saw something related to an script that pings to a web site the moment I play(not 100% sure) or maybe there is something inside Action Scripts like Japanese written scripts because site is Japanese (still not 100% sure). I have no idea what it is, but if u have, feel free to let me know!!! At least I have a start point in my Quest!

Hope somebody will give me an answer. Thank You in advance!

Tobias,

if you ever manage to crack the game, let us know how you did it. Thank you!

• Tobias Rieper

I will!!! :))

Lately most developers add some sort of home-calling function to the game to make sure it is not distributed on other sites as original content.
    Depending on how this is realized it might be somewhat impossible to get around it.

Have you tried opening the downloaded SWF file in the stand-alone Flash player?
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0mg4mzmfzin (unknown source of the file but appears to be clean)

One of my Adobe contacts pointed out that the standalone Flash Player is still available and updated directly from Adobe. They just renamed it to Flash Player Projector without me noticing *sight*

You can find it at the download page if you scroll down a bit
      http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Flash Player 10.2 Projector (latest for Windows)
      http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/10/flashplayer_10_sa.exe

• Tobias Rieper

I did three times !!! But till now NONE of the flash games ( site locked or whatever locking feature they had) worked on stand alone player...anyway I suspect my windows xp but not sure (has 3 years since I installed) don't think has something with i... everything else goes well...Anyway the weird think is that all the sites that claim they have the game on their sites actually when look at the requests all of them are pointed to eyezmaze.com, so there is a dead end...that's why I asked politely If anyone claims he has the solution...please try it yourself (If your solution works on you but don't on my PC...them my PC sucks...BUT there is a solution!!! If it doesn't work your solution even on your PC then I am not the only one who has a problem)...Many people pointed me to BASIC solution on flash games and they didn't tried it on this game....Anyway Thanks for your opinion Mike!!! Feels good to know that someone is reading your question and did their best in answering your question :)) (except Tina...she just liked this and no answer...OOOps :)))) I am just joking Tina :)) Thanks to her I made this post!!! )