How can I play music via a Bluetooth earpiece?
Question by DrSunil Vaswani /

My earpiece connects for calls but not with the music player which plays through device’s speakers even after it connected.

• vinay kumar

can u say me whether samsung bluetooth hm1100 gets connected to the music it connects for calls and also plays music in other phones but not in my samsung phone……..

• Dr.Sunil Vaswani

Which android apps can push local music to bluetooth earpiece ( Nokia BH 108 )

• Kyle

Hi,

Many apps like “BT Mono v1.2″ answers your question for your android phone.

It works pretty well to play audio files directly to your BT mono headset.

• Dr.Sunil Vaswani

Thanks to respondents for answering

and it was nice to know different ways to play music from phone on bluetooth

My device is Android ICS , so would it support A2DP concept as elaborated by two respondents?

It receives incoming calls but on playing music on it’s music player, the music plays on phone speaker even though bluetooth earphones ( Nokia BH seriie ) are connected

you can find in your phone menu something like “play via bluetooth or something” just click on it.

• justin

the buletooth will only play songs which are stored locally on your phone. for instance it will play song from your ipod app on ur iphone but it will not play songs from youtube.

• Dr.Sunil Vaswani

Thanks for answering

My device is Android ICS

The bluetooth earphone receives incoming calls but on playing locally stored music on it’s music player, the music plays on phone speaker even though bluetooth earphones ( Nokia BH 108 ) are connected

• Kannon Y

Hey Sunil!

You might be interested in BTmono which allows some users to stream audio over their Bluetooth headset. Whether or not it works depends on the quality of your phone’s firmware.

I had some problem with streaming audio a long time ago – some Bluetooth headsets have a streaming wireless audio feature built into them – it’s called A2DP. My problem was that my earpiece wouldn’t stream audio (music, specifically) in a continuous way. The music on a non-A2DP headset was choppy and hard to listen to, but when I finally upgraded to A2DP, the quality increased quite a bit.

I also didn’t have to do any setup or use special apps to do this. But your mileage may vary.

• Dr.Sunil Vaswani

Thanks for answering

My device is Android ICS , so would it support A2DP concept as elaborated by you?

It receives incoming calls but on playing music on it’s music player, the music plays on phone speaker even though bluetooth earphones ( Nokia BH 108 ) are connected

• Kannon Y

A2DP should be available on all modern devices. It’s been on every device I’ve ever used in the last two years with Bluetooth, so to my knowledge, it is pretty much universal.

I think, though, that only some bluetooth headsets are A2DP equipped. When purchasing a headset, it will mention on the package (or somewhere in the manual) that it supports streaming media.

• DrSunil Vaswani

Which option to choose and under which menu in an Android device, in order to direct music player audio towards bluetooth earphone after the earphone is “connected via bluetooth”

• Kannon Y

My headseat, a Plantronics Voyager 855, automatically streams music directly through the earpiece, without any issue at all.

Whenever I receive a call when music is playing, I have to hit a button on the earpiece, which switches off the music and answers the call.

Do you know if your earpiece supports the A2DP profile? Try Googling your earpiece + A2DP. Most headsets, unfortunately, don’t to my knowledge support it – it’s a feature built into most stereo bluetooth headsets. The mono pieces are more designed for business use, not entertainment.

There’s a way to force non-A2DP headsets to play music using BTmono (link above). There may be more apps out there, aside from BTmono, in case it doesn’t work.

• Kannon Y

I just realized you provided us with the model of your Bluetooth earpiece. According to this support site, the Nokia 108 does not support A2DB.

I suggest trying one of the apps that can force your headset into streaming audio. Hopefully that works. Good luck!

• Dimal Chandrasiri

your device should support A2DP to do that… please verify that it supports A2DP.

what is A2DP.

The Advanced Audio Distribution Profile is a Bluetooth profile that allows for the wireless transmission of stereo audio from an A2DP source (typically a phone or computer) to an A2DP receiver (a set of Bluetooth headphones or stereo system). Such devices typically also support the AVRCP profile as well in order to allow for track selection and such. A common misconception is that A2DP support is available on all Bluetooth 2.0 devices, which is not the case, and that A2DP is only available on Bluetooth 2.0 devices, which is also not true. A2DP support can exist in older versions of Bluetooth, it just was not commonly supported.

• Dr.Sunil Vaswani

Thanks for answering