Can I play movies from my external hard drive through my LG DVD player?
Question by Kelly-Anne Cooke /

I have a 2TB Western Digital hard drive and I want to play the movies I have on it through my LG DVD player.

I’m told I can do this but I need to download something to make it compatible. What do I do?

Hello, can you provide us with the model of your DVD player? The formatting in your external drive might be a problem. It is common for DVD players and TVs with USB ports to be able to read FAT32 formatting and your external drive is formatted in NTFS. Mind you, there are some DVD players that can read NTFS formatting.

Also, if you provide the model we can probably find out what multimedia formats it plays.

• jonathan williams

I am not the original poster. However, I am having the same problem. My drive is a WD My Book Live 2.0tb
      My player is a panasonic DMP BDT320
      I have tried several things and its not working.

• jonathan williams

any suggestions