How can I play modem connection games without a modem connection?

Greenway256 April 8, 2011

At home, I have two computers: a Windows Vista Home edition SP2 and a Windows 98 Second Edition. I want to play some modem-only multiplayer games between the two. How can I do this?

Greenway,

were you able to play the games with the help and instructions provided by Gustavo? Please let us know what worked for you. Thank you!

2. Gustavo Ibarg├╝engoytia

Dark Legion Manual: http://www.oldgames.sk/en/game/dark-legions/docs/

It says something about Modem Play and Direct Link on pages 9 and 10, I would suggest using Direct Link. This is a 1994 game so when it was created broadband hadn't been created yet and you had to dial a phone number to connect to a server and that is what the Modem Play suggest you to do, that is why I am inclined to advise Direct Link. Hope it works!

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans Manual: http://www.oldgames.sk/en/game/warcraft-orcs-and-humans/download/958/
    Page 4 offers some kind of direction as to what to do to get your multiplayer game started. In general my previous instructions should do the work for this one.

I hope this proves helpful to you.

3. Greenway256

I'm specifically wanting to play Dark Legions and Warcraft I.

4. Gustavo Ibarg├╝engoytia

It seems to me that you are talking about a LAN game. If that is the case you just need to have both computers connected to your router start the same game in both computers and create a multiplayer game on the fastest computer you've got, be on the look out for something like "LAN only" so that other persons can't join the game. Then on the second computer select multiplayer game and find the game you started on the other computer, join that game and that should do it.

You could get a lot better help if you tell us what game is it that interests you so we can do a step-by step walk through.