How can I play Minecraft Pocket Edition in multiplayer with my friend?
Question by Jack Giebel /

Me and my friend both have Minecraft pocket edition on our Android devices and would like to be able to play with each other online. Is there an app that would do this, or could I use a VPN or something like that?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• DarthRegis

Well I have Android version and my friend has ios version does that affect wether or not we can find each other?

• Wako1010

You would have to be in the same room or house to connect to other people on the Ipad

• Nick

1. Make assure you and your friend is connected to the same wifi connection
    2.load the world you want to play
    3.pause the game, last option should say “server is (visible/invisible)”if it is invisible change it by clicking on it
    4.get on the other phone/tablet and do not click play game but multiplayer allow 1-60 seconds for his username to show up once you see it click on it and you will be in the ame world as him

• Marite wigums

You need to be on the same wifi connection then it should work for playing

• Darvin Rondo

What do you mean by “same wifi” vampie. Do you mean like same accessible wifi that you can get to like McDonald’s or a place with free wifi?

• OW/AJ Selenia33

Yes, you can even do it if you make a Hotspot from your phone :) as long as your friend and you are connected :)

• Jack Giebel

Just found this and it works great! Been running a server for a few days!
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1256915-legit-minecraftpe-online-multiplayer/

• James

The way i made it work, is i turned on Wifi on both devices and one of the devices i made it a portable wifi hot-spot (it’s in the settings) and connected the other one to it, and it worked :)

To turn on the portable wifi hot spot, go to settings, more…, Tethering & portable hotspot, tick the box that says Portable Wi-Fi hotspot… Oh and if you press set up wifi hotspot, you’ll be able to change the password of the portable wifi network you just created :)

and then just search for wifi on the other device and connect to it. :)

• Josiah Brunne

I Hope That one day we’ll be able to play on servers!!

• Vampie C.

As Kannon says, you need to be on the same WiFi.

So you can’t play together when you are not together.

IT only has WiFi play, no internet play.

• Kannon Y

According to this forum post, you need only make sure of two things: (1) that your devices have their WiFi turned on and (2) that your devices are set to visible.

However, making a device “visible” is really a Bluetooth thing, so you may only need ONE of these options, since WiFi and Bluetooth are two different wireless technologies and both can be used to play local-network multiplayer with a friend.

In most versions of Android, you can access your WiFi settings from: Settings -> Wireless Networks -> Turn WiFi On.

To make your devices visible to one another: Settings -> Bluetooth -> Make Visible.

In case you have additional questions, there’s a video for iOS available here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeHr0Dtzxfs