How can I play high end graphic games on my PC?

Sanjay March 21, 2010

My PC freezes completely – the picture freezes, the screen gets garbled with lines and the sound gets stuck and a continuous humming sound comes out, when I play high graphic requirement games like Crysis and Bioshock 2. Once it happens, nothing works! No pressing of window key, no ctrl alt delete, nothing. I simply have to keep the power switch pressed, it shuts down and then I restart. The PC runs ok on restart, I can play games. Low graphic games don’t give any problem. High graphic games again give problem after time varying from 10 mins to 30 mins. Again if I force shut down and restart, the PC works like normal except in high end graphic games.

I was told power might be a problem but I have checked power requirement on some websites (put in your PC’s config and the site tells you the size of SMPS needed). I have more than 100 W more power than needed.

I spent like Rs. 100,000 (US $ 2500) on this PC just so I can play high graphic games at high setting smoothly. It feels like a complete waste of money and I might as well have bought something at one third the price.

I have tried scouring websites, tweaking BIOS settings, tweaking CCC etc etc. Nothing seems to work.

Can anyone here help ?

My PC configuration: Intel core i7 920, Gigabyte EX58UD5 mobo, 4 GB DDR3, 500 GB Hard drive, Radeon 4850 x 2, 1 GB graphic card, 650 W SMPS, Cooler Master CM620 cabinet, Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit and other stuff.

1. Glady_ben

while play game graphic game my pc where had some problem. game hanging for few min. . . . only for few second wht can i do.........

• Abhilash Gn125

disable your antivirus MAN!!!!!!

2. trux

get a new acer or hcl laptop

3. Ef

actually get a sli 580 gtx, i7 6-core, and ur problem is solved :D

4. Dead_end_90

dude format ur pc and install a fresh copy of windows then see.....

5. Sampath

Dude, I tried 2 play THE CLUB game. But Windows Debug error report came... Wat 2 do? my pc config are Mercury Nvidia chipset 7050, Intel Core 2 duo 2.20GHZ, 2GB DDR2 RAM... Will it works????
    Pls tell me dude... Im waiting for ur Reply.... :)

Regards,
    Sampath,
    samsin1992@gmail.com.

Sampath,

I recommend that you submit a new question in case you do not receive a reply here.

• Sampath

@Tina

Regards,
        Sampath,
        samsin1992@gmail.com.

Sampath,

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you. You are replying to a one year old existing question. Your chances of receiving an answer are low. Please submit a new / your own question. Go to http://www.makeuseof.com/answers and click the Ask a Question link (currently located in the top left). Thank you!

• Troytheboy

get a new graphics card..9xxx series will do. before that, try reinstalling the os. it might do the trick. or else , get the card.

6. Sudhan Thiran

Man u got a coool rig out there dude.
    So here's what u should do,
    1.)Scare away the Win7 from the system.
    2.)Get a genuine copy of WinXP SP3 (32 bit)
    3.)Make a clean Install of the hardware drivers, but only from the CD u were given with the package.(don't go for downloading newer ones)

But if u still wanna stick to the 64-bit u may have to install patches and hotfixes for the games and OS respectively.

But remember my friend,
    The future of 64-bit is awaiting u........
    (but not now though)

sudhan1991@gmail.com

7. Taty

Because you seem to fit the requirements, there is certainly something going on. Most probably with the video card. I think you should try updating all the drivers for the cards and eliminating any software associated with the cards that aren't absolutely necessary.
    Are you running the game windowed? Can you check if any of the cards are overheating?

8. Steve Campbell

Sanjay,

By the looks of things, your PC should be able to run your games without any problems. I know Crysis is very difficult to run on most machines, which is why its so cheap to purchase.

When it comes to gaming, the problem usually involves either your graphics card or processor. I would look into reducing the graphics in the game to see if it runs more smoothly. If that's the case then your problem might be your graphics card, although it seems like you have a pretty decent one.

• Sanjay

I forgot to mention - while the problem occurs only with high graphic games, reducing the graphic settings to "low" does not help. It still gives problems.

Yes, the graphic card is supposed to be a good one. But I am really regretting spending so much money on the PC. If the problem is with graphic card, which I too suspect, I would like to pinpoint the problem somehow. I mean I would like to get to the root cause of the problem first.

• Terrance

the video cards are good. but you may have bad/ out of date drivers, or if the v cards were sli'd, they may not have been setup right.

Sanjay,

were you able to solve the issue in the meantime? Could you please give us in update in case you found a solution? Thank you!'