Why can’t I play Flash games anymore?

Metahawk May 19, 2011

When I try and play Flash games on any website my browser slows right down, hogs all my memory and eventually crashes. I am using Firefox 4 and the flash plug-in 10.3.

My first fix was to reinstall flash and FF, but that made no difference. I then installed last years FF and an old Flash plug-in. Nope. So I tried Opera, then IE8 (Hey I was getting desperate!). Still the same issue when I try flash games. Other flash based things seem okay, YouTube etc.

Any ideas?? Everything was fine until a few weeks ago.
Tech stuff – Windows XP, 2GB RAM, 5 years old (PC not me).

1. anonymous

same problem here

2. Chels243

Why can't I play secret builders on my iPad

the common solution to the unknown problems :
    Use system restore and Restore your pc to the date..when you did not have any problems few weeks ago with.

4. Joshua Clarke

Maybe you shouldn't play flash games! You'd get a lot more done! :D

5. metahawk

Thanks for taking the time to answer but as I said, I've experienced this issue across several different browers so a reinstall probably isn't the answer.
    In the meantime, I've started getting boot issues, namely 'CMOS BAD CHECKSUM' so I think the problem may be a little more serious than I first thought... 

the common solution to the unknown problems :Use system restore and Restore your pc to the date..when you did not have any problems few weeks ago with.

Metahawk,

were you able to solve your issue with Flash games in the meantime? Please let us know how you did it or whether you need more help. Thank you!

Have you updated JAVA, also possible your antivirus is doing something? 

try to uninstal your browser and reinstal again..

Check here to see if Q time is embeded in Firefox Type this into your Firefox address bar about:plugins

If Q time is not there follow the plug-ins links to get it.
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash#Quicktime_plugin_takes_over_Flash