How can I play external subtitles on Windows Media Player?
Question by Mishaal /

How can I play external subtitles on Windows 7 Media Player?

• Kao Vang

Correct. Is there a specific reason you choose WMP? There are much better alternatives out there.

• Mishaal

well there is a reason. my kmplayer doesnt play hd videos and vlcplayer got a problem with volume i.e at 100% it does not give full volume as it should and someone told me not to use vlc at 200%, thats why i have to use head-ons. this is the readon i m looking for anyother media player:(

• Kao Vang

Did you try to set the audio to Stereo 2 channel? Sometimes it play videos on 5.1 but if you don’t have all the components, it’ll be a very weak sound. Try Right click on the picture then “Audio” then play around with the “Audio Channels” and “Audio Device.” This is especially true with HD movies as well because it can contain many channels.

• Erlis Dhima

Just don’t use Windows Media Player! Instead use Media Player Classic or VLC Media Player… Of course, if you want both good video, audio & subtitle quality!

• Douglas Mutay

Yes! i m simply surprised that you even mention WMP to play your video!!!

• Mateja Kezman
    Download this program it is free.

try this

open Windows Media Player.
    1) On the screen right click and click More Options-> Select “Security” tab-> Check the box for “Show Local Captions when Present”.Click Apply. Click OK.
    2) Select DVD tab and Click on Advanced tab.
    a)Scroll down to subtitles and select these options:
    b) Select “Subtitles”
    c) Select “Heuristic Search”
    d) Select “Accept Embedded Subtitles”
    3) Click Apply. Click OK.

Local Subtitles for WMP 1.6

I believe this one works with the latest WMP version.