How can I play AVI or MPEG movies on my Blu-Ray player from a USB stick?

Fcyene Smhit October 14, 2012

I have downloaded movies from the Internet, they are formatted AVI and MPEDG4 visual.

I have 2012 Blu-Ray that will play mpegs, but these ones aren’t playing on my Blu-Ray from my USB stick.

How do I format them to work on to the Blu-Ray from the USB stick?

1. Meilin Dai

Generally, the blu-ray player should play the MP4 videos, but for avi, some don't support.

2. Declan Lopez

the blu-ray player should be able to play both of those formats. you can check the manual to see what formats the blu-ray player will play.

3. Saurabh Banwaskar

If Your Player Support Another Format Try To Convert It In That Format !!!!!

Firstly,mostly all the Blu ray players will be comfortable with drives formatted with FAT32 format.But this limits the movie files to be of 4 GB size.

An easy way to format those files would be using a video converter software that will convert those files to be playable for your player.

Freemake video converter -

http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

i have a vid converter not really sure how to use it the videos i have on the usb say avi ? or something like that but when i open th information it says mpeg4 , which the blue ray will play, so i put one show in there , pressed convert to mpeg4 ans it did , but it still didn't play on the blu ray ? i used frost wire to get the show

5. Dimal Chandrasiri

try format factory to convert the movie files into the correct format that the player will identify...

tip : please read your player manual to get an idea of what formats are supported to minimize time wastage...