How can I play my Amazon music on iTunes?

Pauline November 28, 2011

I have tried (and failed) to get iTunes to play my Amazon MP3s. I’ve downloaded the Amazon Mp3 downloader, but when I double click on it to install it, nothing happens. It appears in the applications files, but when I click on the AMZ music files from amazon, the downloader icon appears briefly on the dock, and then disappears and nothing else happens. I have Mac OS X 10.4.11, is my computer is too old?

1. Cmiles

Mine does the same thing- did you find an answer?

Usually you are being asked how to handle the downloaded MP3 files on the first launch of Amazon downloader. Anyways all your downloaded music should be within your music folder
    ~/Music/Amazon MP3

All you have to do is add them to the iTunes Library via drag & drop into the window or the iTunes icon.

If you want this to happen automatically open up the Amazon MP3 Downloader and then in the menu bar click on "Amazon MP3 Downloader > Preferences" and select Add downloaded tracks to iTunes