How can I keep Photoshop Elements 9 Organizer from bogging down while tagging my photos?

Band225 February 18, 2011

I just bought Photoshop Elements 9. I was in the process of tagging my photos (3200 of them) in Organizer. I was about a 10th of the way through and all the sudden Organizer started bogging down. Really bogging! I have seen some comments in other forms about this, but no one seems to have a cause or fix for it. Is there anything I can do?

1. Juan Carlos

I had same problem. It was some old video files in my catalog. I re-editing the video files with windows video editing, and tre problem was solved.

The video files was from 2002, recorded with a old Logitech ClickSmart camera.

2. Band225

I am not sure what has changed, but I walked away from Photo Shop 9 for a month or so.  I started using it again and have not had any problems.

Maybe there was a software update (operating system or Photoshop) that fixed the issue?

3. Band225

I tried running repair and organize. It didn't help. I still get the "Organizer is not responding window." It stays this way for about 4 or 5 minutes then start responding again.

Hello, sorry for not being more specific.
    -- Open organizer
    -- select file
    -- select catalog
    -- select the catalog you want to repair
    -- select repair
    -- On the box that pops up, if asked to do a reindexing of visual data select yes
    -- After the repair is finished it can give you different options if it finds anything wrong:

-- even if no errors are found click repair.

To optimize your catalogs, follow the same steps. The only difference is that instead of picking repair, click optimize catalog. Hope it helps you with your issue.

@ Band225

Did the suggestion above worked for you? Let us know.

Aibek

• Band225

My apologizes, I have been away from home and haven't had a chance to try the suggestions yet. I will try them tonight and comment back.

thanks, please let us know once you have tried them.

Hello, try this, it might help:

-- open the Organizer
    -- File
    -- Repair and Optimize

• Band225

I do not see a Repair & Optimize option in File. What am I doing wrong?