Why won’t phones detect my memory card?

suhaib December 3, 2011

I have a 4GB memory card. Phones do not seem to detect it. I’ve tried it both in my own and in another. What’s wrong?

1. Stivinn Aura

Even if the memory card is compatible with your phone, it will not be recognized if it is password-protected. You will need to remove the password from the memory card before using it in your phone.
    Is the memory card brand new? Because if it is, and it isn't working in more than one handset, then you may as well ask for a replacement. :)

check your phone specifications to find out the supported SD cards format
    you cantry to format SD card on windows and retry on your phone

My first guess would be that you are trying to use a SDHC card in a phone that only supports SD cards.

Hello, without knowing all the facts, I would say that there are a couple of possibilities.  One, your card is not compatible with your phone/phones, or second, there is something wrong with your card.  Have you checked if there is a switch in your card?  If there is a switch in your card, make sure to unlock it.  You could also try the memory in your laptop or in your computer by using a card reader.  If your computer is unable to detect or read your card there is something wrong with it.