What can I do if my phone is not supported in Samsung Kies?

Krishna Rebel Crew February 20, 2012

My phone is Samsung Star 2 model number GT-S5263. I have connected it to PC with Sony data cable. Now the Kies window when opened it shows phone does not support Kies. I want to access internet by using PC in phone.

1. ARAZ

I want to use kies for importing my contacts to my samsung GT C3300
    I don't have usb cable and I tried to connect the phone via bluetooth to the kies
    but it doesn't recognize my device the error is:
    this device is not supported by kies 2.0.
    make sure that your device is supported and try again

I used older versions but result is the same. how I can find out which devices are supported by kies 2.0 is there any other possibility for me?
    I already tried the pc studio but the story is the same.
    could any one help me?

thanks in advance

2. Karkala Nayak

Hello Krishna,

You could also do this, Why don't you go for a Alternative like PC studio 3.1. It is found on the Samsung website and is available for download. It Allows you to access the Internet using the connected Phone as a modem device.
    It is more simple to use then Kies. [Personal View]. 
    Check link below for download

Before you install PC studio. I want you to do this, First uninstall Kies completely. when I say completely I mean everything, Including the root Folder in your hard disk and anything else that Kies has installed with it.
    Here are instructions 
    First Download "UninstallKies.exe" and “CleanUpKies.exe”
    1. Uninstall Kies using the standard uninstaller.
    2. Run "UninstallKies.exe"
    3. Then run “CleanUpKies.exe”
    4. Restart computer. 

After all this removing
     Install PC studio 3.1 
    Restart your computer

Rest read instructions on this site on how to connect to net using phone

Here is a doc guide of PC studio 3.1

That's it...I Have a strong hope that all will go fine and you will be able to run internet on your computer using your phone

I hope It helped

ddid you installed drivers through kies? perhaps click the menu > Driver recovery

uninstall kies and reinstall?

Close Kies on PC
    Connect Samsung Star 2 to PC / Laptop & Select Mass Storage Mode.
    Select the USB icon from the Notification section in Samsung Star 2 to Mount the drive

With Samsung Star 2 connected to your pc, go to device manager and check if there is a yellow exclamation mark icon next to "android MTP". if yes right click on it and uninstall, reboot windows, reconnect samsung.

if still do not work perhaps you have to hard reset phone, prior backup your phone files since they will erased by hard reset.