Does using a phone that has a slide to unlock feature infringes Apple’s patent?

Susendeep Dutta October 28, 2011

I have Samsung Galaxy Ace. I’m not a developer. I just don’t want to be any part of patent infringement as much as possible as according to the articles below:

Apple granted ‘slide to unlock’ patent for touchscreen devices

Patently ridiculous: Apple gets slide to unlock patent

I was successful in disabling the lock screen by using “No Lock” Android app. Will this step and any other measures save from any action from Apple’s lawsuit to Android manufacturers and its users?

1. Susendeep Dutta

Thank you all of you for your help.

As Richard said, it is the war of companies, even if you are violating the patents technically,
    looking at the number of android users, it is practically impossible to take action against users.
    you can re-enable the lock.

3. Richard Carpenter

No, you do not have to worry about that. Only the manufacturer and Google, because they violated the patent making and selling the phone. You will not get sued by apple for using that  phone, There are way to many of them and they would not scary away any potential customers.