Why can’t my phone and PC read my MicroSD card?
Question by Kristian Sueta /

Help. My PC and phone cant read my MicroSD card, but can recognize other cards. how can i repair it? I’ve tried some of the other solutions here. The problem is my card really cant be detected. Its either “insert disk on drive” or just not there.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , .
Raspberry Pi Projects
Raspberry Pi Projects
Computer Hardware Talk
Computer Hardware Talk
Technology Explained
Technology Explained
Arduino Projects
Arduino Projects
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion
Wearable Tech
Wearable Tech

• sufiyan

• Tony Batty

Have you tried to format the MicroSD, either that or your Reader may need to checked for foreign particles, thus not allowing contact from reader to PC or even the MicroSD contacts may need to be cleaned, try using a pencil eraser on the contacts to clean. Also no insult meant but read the user manual for hints in it's use. But check the SD for soiled contacts not visible to the eyes even on your phone.

• Frederick Doe

Has the MicroSD card been inside of a Windows Phone 7 device? Microsoft never intended for consumers to be able to swap out MicroSD cards. The MicroSD card slots were there so that manufacturers could easily make similar models with various amounts of storage; the card slots were supposed to be hidden away inside the device where no one could reach it.

Unfortunately, the manufactures were not informed of this fact and created phones with removable storage. When a MicroSD card is put inside of a Windows Phone 7 device, the phone encrypts it. This encryption is part of the MicroSD card specification and is where the "Secure" in "Secure Digital" comes from.

From what I've read, the only major operating system that can recognize a card that's been encrypted in Symbian. Obviously, Symbian cannot read a card that has been encrypted to a Windows Phone 7 device, but it can at least erase it.

Of course, your MicroSD card may have never been inside of a Windows Phone 7 device; in which case I have no idea what's wrong.

• fatihamzah

Try to others computer (not yours), if it doesnt work you may ask to the seller that the place you bought it.