Why won’t my phone detect my SD card?
Question by kaleem /

I formatted my MicroSD card through my PC. After formatting it’s not being detected on the phone. The phone says it is showing volume 0 and is asking me to insert a disk. What can I do?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , .
Raspberry Pi Projects
Raspberry Pi Projects
Technology Explained
Technology Explained
Computer Hardware Talk
Computer Hardware Talk
Arduino Projects
Arduino Projects
Awesome Gadgets
Awesome Gadgets
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion

• sufiyan

• Eric

Hi,maybe your sd card is damaged or your phones sd slot is damaged.try someone sd card and see if it works if not then uour phone is the problem.

• Sam Eusebio

maybe your SD card is broken ..

• pramod

memory card must have password  to unlock

• Azamat “Bohed” E

I guess you have formatted it in NTFS mode, try selecting FAT32 when formatting again (if your PC still sees the card though)..

if the pc still detects your sd card then try HP format tool
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool.shtml

or
    1) Launch Partition Wizard Home Edition
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html
    2) Delete all partitions on sd card
    3) Create a primary FAT32 file type partition.

• Strydr

My quick thought on your problem is that you may have formatted your SD card
    using the wrong file format. I'm not sure what file system your phone uses but
    you might try reformatting the card using a different file system.
    As an example you may have formatted your SD card using the NTFS file system and your phone may use the FAT file system.
    Not knowing what system your phone uses makes it hard to tell you what system to use. Your phone may have a proprietary file system and if that's the case you should have formatted the card from within the phone.
    If its anything like most cameras you should use the camera or phone to format your SD card.
    Hope this helps