Do I need permission to promote free apps?

Karen Kenney October 5, 2011

I noticed that MakeUseOf has an article about the calorie counting app by MyFitnessPal. I’d like to offer my customers a list of free wellness apps that are highly rated. On iTunes there is mention of an affiliate program, but I’m not interested in it. Do I need permission from the developer to showcase an app on my website?

You dont need permission to highlight a paid app either. Nor do you need to permission from the developer to join the iTunes affiliate program - though you will need a good enough website to be approved by Apple themselves. 

As long as you are not reselling it without a resell agreement, you can promote it.

There are many articles about best 5 free apps for abc and top 10 apps for xyz ...

So they do not need a permission to feature free apps and even the paid apps, if you are just listing them !

google it.
    you will find a number of free wellness apps lists.
    In fact, there are some sites that features various top lists only.

4. M.S. Smith

No, you don't need permission to promote a free app. But if you let them know you're doing so, they might appreciate it and put a link to your site on their own, depending on how much they want or need positive feedback.