How can I permanently delete my old Facebook account?

franco lindayao November 1, 2011

How can I permanently delete my old Facebook account if I forgot my old password and email address?

1. Le Mon

the link is

https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account

[ here is how I did it.its indeed simple.
    1-Go to help
    2-Search for ' permanently delete my account ' [ I used that words] :)
    See the search results.. SEE the information under ‘Deleting Accounts’
    you will see a link with ‘ submit your request here’
    When you click SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST HERE > you will be taken to

Now follow the instructions.

Hope this one helps you..

2. Ervina Lee

How I delete my old accounts it is too many

3. bani kaur

somebody is miss using my account

4. tori

Hey I want to get back into my Facebook. Problem is that I have deleted the email on file. Also I cm not remember my password for Facebook. I do still remember the email it's n't active though I deleted it

5. S Hemphill

Thanks sooooooo much for this tip. I found you after about 45 minutes of frustration. Your instructions were clear and to the point.

Thanks again.

6. sina pokrajac sandric

How do I delete the old profile on Facebook.I can't remember my password.

7. Guest

i got two same profiles under same name how to delete one

8. germanygerman
  9. Surbhi patel

delet my facebook account

Do you have the access (does your password work) to your account ?
      do you want to permanently remove your facebook account ?

I will suggest you to deactivate account only
      click on this link
      and sign in.
      https://www.facebook.com/deactivate.php

so you want to use it later.

Hi Jay,Thanks a lot for the explanation about the 14 days rumor.I read this answer 4 days ago, and told all my college friends that the facebook account will get deactivated,if they do not use it for 14 days.I got a response from them which I can't mention here.But thankfully,I came back and saw your comment.Thanks for being determined and sharing the correct information.

Don't worry at all, your facebook account it will remain active even after a year.

tell this to your friends also,may be you will get a better response!
      it is just that you will have to wait for 14 days before you delete your account, I knew such things could that's why I was determined :)

It means you want to delete an account that you don't have access.
    Now you have to work in 2 directions :

to delete : tell all your friends to report your account as fake account. so there are chances that facebook will disable your account.

Recover your account:

How can you forget the email id !!?
    ask any of your friends to visit the lost account go to info and read the email address.
    now you have the email id.
    get a reset password link and recover your fb.
    (you can do the same for the mail id if you dont know the password.)

other options are answering security question, or getting a recovering passwrod by text message on your cell if you added your number to account.

I hop you are not deleting somone else account. :)

• girl

hi i wanted to know..i created an anccount then deactivated it and now i dont remember email id neither i used any phone num with that account.. i want to delete it permanently..how do i go about it?

• Susendeep Dutta

Have you tried using your name in "username" ?

Another method is to ask your friends about your username.After getting your username,you must reset your password.

https://www.facebook.com/recover.php

Then,you can delete your account -

http://www.wikihow.com/Permanently-Delete-a-Facebook-Account

In order to access the account deletion page, you must be logged in and therefore this isn't possible. On the positive side, after about two weeks Facebook will automatically deactivate your profile. When your account is deactivated, all information linked to it is removed.  This action is reversible if you log back, in the case you decide you want to keep it. 

What is the positive side !? If he cannot access the account settings deactivation page?

in response to: "In order to access the account deletion page, you must be logged in and
      therefore this isn't possible. Otherwise anyone would be able to delete
      your account, whether you were using it or not. On the positive side,
      after about two weeks Facebook will automatically deactivate your
      profile. When your account is deactivated, all information linked to it
      is removed.  This action is reversible if you log back in, in the case
      you decide you want to keep it"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/308456_251718481541988_174922759221561_622153_2026265008_n.jpg

• Jeff Fabish

You honestly, just answered your own question.

"Facebook will automatically deactivate your profile."

Deactivation and deletion are not synonymous. The account will be deactivated after two weeks by Facebook, without user intervention. In order to delete, he would need to log in. Deactivation suspends all information linked to that account and deletion will remove all information linked to that account.

This is a pure rumor or misconception that needs to be corrected,

If it was true, you would notice automatically deactivated accounts of your friends every 14 days.

Fact :you will have 14 days to revert your decision of deleting an account permanently after submitting a deletion request.

Facebook will never deactivate an innocent profile automatically unless you choose to do so from your profile.
      If you know what deactivation is, you can test it by checking your friend list.

"in response to: You honestly, just answered your own question.

Deactivation and deletion are not synonymous. The account will be deactivated after two weeks by Facebook, without user intervention. In order to delete,
      he would need to log in. Deactivation suspends all information linked
      to that account and deletion will remove all information linked to that
      account."

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/301381_251730931540743_174922759221561_622179_505967818_n.jpg

• Jeff Fabish

Calm down & stop bolding everything. 

Facebook will deactivate your account if not in use. Maybe you could substantiate that "fact"? Get back on topic.

Sorry, a lot of readers are reading this, and I will not let you scare them or allow your rumor about facebook. Makeuseof people have rally worked hard to reach where they are today, so do not spoil it.

If you know what deactivation of an account means, you should be knowing that nobody can contact a deactivated account because it disappears from facebook, unless it is reactivated.
      now if you have a home-made level of deactivation, when you can contact, interact with and see the deactivated profiles, please do not let us know about that.

Anybody who is reading this should just relax, your account will remain there active even you don't use it for a year. I have many friends like this.

I repeat the fact :Facebook will never deactivate an innocent and alive person's profile automatically.

in response to: "Calm down & stop bolding everything. 
      Facebook will deactivate your account if not in use. Maybe you could substantiate that "fact"? Get back on topic."

• Jeff Fabish

You and I clearly are not on the same page. If it's true that I'm incorrect, I apologize (it would clearly not be deliberate). I don't know what your rambling about now, working hard and spoiling it? 

You're extremely annoying. 

Thank you. We are a team and that's why it was necessary. together we give the right info and help the readers.

in response to:
      You and I clearly are not on the same page. If it's true that I'm
      incorrect, I apologize (it would clearly not be deliberate). I don't
      know what your rambling about now, working hard and spoiling it? 

You're extremely annoying.

• Sylvia

Hello, Im from greenlight249@yahoo.com

• Sylvia

Hi this is Sylvia here if you don't mind responding i have a question. I tried logging on to my facebook account and noticed my password had been changed, so i went ahead and made a new passwod. Now i have realized that by me creating a new password facebook now hold's two accounts in my name. The person that has changed my password do they still have access to my first page?                                                                                                        I think they might have changed the email address on it if that's possible but the page still has all my information on it. How can i fix this problem. Also do you think that the messages im getting on my new page are also going to that page?