How can I get the Best Performance with Windows 7?

Jeri Atkin February 1, 2010

I have a 1 yr old Dell Studio 17 laptop that came with Vista. I just bought and installed Windows 7. (I am not very savy about software/whatever.)

To get the optimum performance with Win7, do I have to use their browser, IE8 and search engine, Bing!?

I would prefer using Google Chrome Plus and Google search engine. I would not use Google if I thought it would interfere with the performance of Win7.

I bought and paid for Win7 for it’s superior performance over all others. If Google won’t give me that performance, then I will have to adapt to IE8 and Bing!.

Thank you for your time.

1. Vignat Vora

Simple. Use CCleaner from Piriform frequently to fix and clean up bugs / such files in your system. This will help in running your computer system very smooth 

I f you're after speed then for a browser I would recommend using Google Chrome, just like you have pointed out. In fact there are lighter alternatives to several popular programs.

- instead of of Windows Media player you can use Foobar2000
    - instead of Adobe Acrobat you can try using either Sumatra PDF or Foxit Reader.

No, you do not have to use Microsoft's products to get the best performance out of Windows 7. Just use what works best for YOU and makes YOU most productive! I think that's far more important.

You can still improve the performance of Windows 7 by tuning the system.
    Check out this article: http://www.computingunleashed.com/2009/06/speed-up-windows-7-ultimate-guide-to.html