How do I perform system recovery on a Lenovo laptop?

Anonymous March 16, 2014

I have Lenovo T430 with Win 7. Actually I want to reinstall Win7 again as the current one crashed for some reason, so anyone can help me. I bought the laptop with original Win7 and I have recovery partition but I don’t know how to reinstall the Win 7 from the recovery partition, so can anyone help me with the easy steps?

According the the user guide for your model (http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/user_guides/t430_ug_en.pdf , page 65) you should be able to initiate the recovery operation by:

1. Switching the laptop off.
    2. Repeatedly pressing the F11 key as you turn the laptop on, until you hear beeps or see the logo screen.
    3. Proceed according to the prompts on the screen.

The recovery software allows you to recover your files or to reset the computer to factory settings.

Some models have a OneKey Recovery button near the power button. If your model has it, you can turn the laptop off, then press that button. Otherwise, reboot the computer and when the BIOS POST screen appears, press either F2 to get a menu of options and select OneKey Reovery from the menu or press Shift+B to enter OneKey Recovery directly. Once the recovery software starts, select the Restore Factory Backup (or Restore Original Backup) option. This will wipe out the entire C: drive, including your data, and return the system to its out-of-box condition. After doing this, ensure that you run Windows Update until no further required updates are detected and reinstall your antivirus/internet security software.