How do I perform an image search using my mouse’s right click?

Anonymous January 1, 2014

With my old laptop I could right click on any image and search Google images to help identify the subject. With my new laptop I do not have that option.

Is there any way of adding it to my right-click context menu?

• Richard R

Hi, thanks for the links, I have added both just to be sure, 'cos you never know.

1. Shub J

I don't know much about Windows 8, but if you can add extensions to firefox in Win8 - try this:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/google-similar-images/
    It does exactly the same as Chrome does as far as I know

• Richard R

That's it, just what I wanted, thank you very much, all is now well with the world.

• Shub J

Your welcome, happy I could help

2. Shub J

I know of that feature in Google Chrome - I use it a lot. Within the browser when you rightclick on an image, you have the option to 'search google for this image.' Hope this helps.

• Richard R

Yeah, I had it with Firefox on my old lap top, but with this new HP (Windows 8) laptop that feature is missing, I really like ff and was hoping there is some way of adding it or upgrading it in some way.
      Thanks for the answer though, if I can't add it to ff I may have to use Chrome.