Can other people see a photo that I hide on my Timeline?
Question by elle_inthe_bell /

If someone (person 1) tags a photo of me on Facebook and I hide it from my timeline, but a friend of mine (person 2) clicks on person 1’s profile would they be able to see the tagged picture of me if the picture is set to friends and friends of people tagged?
P.S. Person 2 is not friends with Person 2 – sorry if this is confusing!

• Kevin

How about the case that I JUST want to hide photo on timeline? After doing this, the photo is not in my photo folder anymore, I still want it to be available everywhere, excepting to my timeline.

• Sue Smith

nope

• Rishabh Sharma

Your friends can still see it

• jaanu rawat

my friends can not able to see my cover pic…

• tristan griffen

unfortunately, if you have not posted the picture yourself, you cannot remove it from your timeline, you can only hide it so that you cannot see it.

• Joses Lemmuela

As others say, yep, you can’t do anything about it, since they’re the one uploading it, and even if you untag yourself, only your name will disappear from that photo.

• Ron Stevenson

Yes, untagging yourself is the best way to do this.

• Rohit Jain

It’s been said already, so I’ll just repeat for completeness’ sake that you should untag yourself.

Having done that, if you’re concerned about this scenario in the first place, then it’s best to go to your Facebook privacy settings > Profile and Tagging, and turn on the options to review the tags friends add you in on their posts as well as tags they add to your posts.

• muotechguy

Yes, they can. It’s not your photo, you can’t stop people looking at it obviously since you didn’t upload it and you don’t own it.

You can untag yourself however, so it isnt linked your profile at all. Go to the photo, click untag. Simple

• Aditya Roy

“Person 2 is not friends with Person 2″ That IS confusing.

When you hide a pic from your timeline, its just not visible there.
    Your friends can still see the image by clicking on your photos, under
    Photos and Videos of You.
    And also if Person2 clicks on Person1’s profile.
    You need to untag yourself.