Why can people not hear me when I make or receive calls on my iPhone?
Question by Sandy /

Just bought an iPhone 4. When I make/receive calls I can hear them, but they can’t hear me. Is this a glitch with my phone or AT&T.

Also. I had my Christmas card list on my Mac. When I synced my iPhone they all went into my contact list. I don’t want them there. How do I remove them and still keep them on my computer?

• 12233445

when i ring or answer, they cant hear me but i put it on loud speaker and they CAN hear hear me yet im speaking through the same mic?

• Susendeep Dutta

Backup your phone’s data and try factory reset of your phone.

Check whether headphone or bluetooth headset is connected to your phone and disconnect it.Switch off bluetooth of your phone.

Close all the apps that uses phone’s mic.

Try to insert and remove wired headset many times gently to solve this issue.

Restart your phone.

If this doesn’t solves your problem then visit your nearest Apple’s store.

• Bettyac98

Ur pressing the mute button

If you just bought the phone, make an appointment with the closest genius bar. There should be one close to you. Take your phone with you, and after it is tested and found with a hardware fault or error, they might give you a new one.

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

You can use the Voice Memo app within the Utilities folder [or any other App with voice input] to see if the microphone is working.
    If the microphone seems to be defect you can hand it in for warranty. Otherwise you should consult with AT&T about the problem you encounter.

I guess “Christmas card list” is a group within your Adressbook, right?
    You can set iTunes to synchronize only selected groups, however this means you will have to put all contacts you want to synchronize within one group.
    To synchronize only selected groups open up iTunes and click on your iPhone. Select the “Info” tab and then change the Contact sync options.